Crushed Chocolate to Chickens?Crushed Granola/Cereal Bars to Chicken?

Never never and never feed your chickens chocolate. There are other foods that aren't good for them like avacados, dry rice, citrus, candy, dry beans, salty foods, onions and any kind of junk food. My birds do love cheetos and yes I give them one or two, but not very often.

Your incorrect on some of you "food".

Citrus, Dry Rice and some Dry Beans are just fine for chickens.
As far as that go's so are Onions but they tend to intensify the sulfur in the eggs.

I think it's probably just best to assume chocolate is one of those things that's bad for pretty much everything but primates.
That being said, my chickens DO LOVE multigrain cheerios! Can't go too far wrong with those, if you're just giving them as a treat. :)

Attachments

• IMG_2465.JPG
    IMG_2465.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2468.JPG
    IMG_2468.JPG
    916.5 KB · Views: 2
Thank you all for your warm greetings.

I get the message :) Chocolate is bad for chickens and animals in general for the sugar in it. But I always thought Granola bars would be just fine. Too bad, many of them have chocolate on it :-(
Really, sugar's not got much to do with it. Cocoa itself contains a chemical that can make most animals' heart rates skyrocket and damage their kidneys. Our own metabolisms are different when it comes to chocolate.

Back
Top Bottom