Crusty Face and Dry Comb

Ratherbwarm

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 28, 2014
Strafford, NH
Can anyone help me out and identify if this Roos has any type of condition? I had a mite breakout in my coop this past week. I completely cleaned, sprayed and dusted top to bottom, as well as dusted all the hens (8) and Roos (2). No sign of mites on any of the chickens and no sign of lice either. He's only about 16 weeks old, so I'm not sure if this is a "growth" issue or something like that.
New to chickens, so looking for any suggestions that could help me. I am going to do another round of sevin dust and spray in the coop and on the chicks to make sure all are clear as well.
Thanks!

It is probably just the normal wear and tear. My hens have crust on their combs sometimes, perhaps caused by a rooster grabbing it or the mites irritating it.

I hope this helps. Best of luck!

Oh really?!?! That's excellent news and thank you! I was worried that he had something incurable. Lol. Can you tell I'm a new Mom to these 16 week olds?
1f60a.png

I have something similar worh my 4 month old roo and thinking it might be favis which I think is fungal? Just looking of ways to treat it. He also seems to have some build up around his feathers on his head that dont look right. Worth investigating further perhaps?

I know this post is years old, but we’re you successful in diagnosing and treating this bird? I’m going through the same thing with my flock

Back
Top Bottom