Crying... everything is dead. UPDATE POST #54

I am so sorry this happened!! I am glad to hear that three have survived. I hope you are able to find out who is responsible and it never happens again. Hugs to you and your family.
hugs.gif

This makes me absolutely SICK! Poor, poor birdies! Poor kids and YOU!! I am so very sorry for your loss but cheered out loud when I read three had survived. Thank God for them and I hope all three make it. In the future, I'd padlock the coop to keep humans from opening the door and to be sure it's shut up tight. Again, I am so so sorry for your loss.

hugs.gif

how aweful.i am sorry for your loss.
i am happy you found some alive.
you may want to try hotwire around the coop and/or get a LGD.
i know its happened 3 times but don't give up.keep coming up with better solutions and you will win this.

Quote:
Sorry to hear this....WHERE DO YOU LIVE! I AM COMING WITH A SHOTGUN
somad.gif
that dog
duc.gif

I had the same happen here but with a cat...killed over $400 worth of birds....just killed didn't even eat one!

This is so sad for you and your family. I lost two of my 5 hens last spring to a raccoon that sliced through a pretty sturdy screen (now hard cloth of course); luckily our dog heard it and chased it away so it only got the two. It left the ladies, too, and when I picked them up there was an egg under them, like they were protecting it. Of course they were my two favorite hens, Pinta who loved to pick beetles off the asparagus with me, and Nina, my beautiful red-head Americauna. I still miss them. I hope you have a neighborhood forum (on the internet) where you can post what happened so others can watch for the horrible, thieving, killing dog(s), and where you can ask if anybody has any extra chickens they might give you. It will be lonely without them. Best of luck to you.

Last edited:
Quote:
Be careful. In this litigious society we live in today any accusation can cause you grief. Maybe a more bullet proof coop is in order.... Find some strong willing teenage boys and pay them a few bucks to build you one. Good for you, good for them.... and good for the economy!

I have locks on my coops...the only people whome have a key is me, myself, and I!!! I have had people let show birds out days before a show, I have come home to find kinds fighting some of my cocks(some of my best cocks) lets just say don't come onto my property my new guard dog will eat your face off!

If its the persons dog then only one good thing comes out of it all get your hens replaced for free!

Back
Top Bottom