CS16 -- The Official Michigan Chicken Stock Information Thread for June 11, 2016

Is this something that my teenage 4h'ers would be interested in? They are really getting into rare breeds right now.
Oh yes, and we plan on having a speaker too! Its fun and something for everyone :) There will be birds there.

Like white Chanteclers! Mary
X2 and Iowa Blues, Biele/Cream legbar cross birds, and whatever else we have left over from hatching :)

Plus, they can talk with any of us about the joy and pitfalls of raising chickens under diverse circumstances. From the cold and snow to the legalities of city chickens.

We hid the kids chickens in downtown Howell for several years in a coop that looked like a playhouse. Now we live on 10 acres in Fenton so the kids are ramping up and fighting the coyotes!

I'm planning to come.
big_smile.png
I'll post later what we plan to bring.

I will be in search of hens/pullets....my egg business is going off the wall and I need layers!
are you looking for anything particular? We probably will have some identifiable pullets to bring of Chanteclers, Iowa Blues, and EE's by then
smile.png

Oh and some Ancona ducklings too :) that is if in a month we are able to tell the sex of them.

Last edited:
I just picked up some cuckoo maran pullets :) and that makes my grow-outs to 24, but yes on the EEs and a few others. I need to figure out space/ how many I want to grow out this year. I love the girls I got from you two years ago (has it been that long?) so probably the IB...not sure on the Chancelers, never had them. Thanks!

Perhaps a silly question... What does everyone do to get their chickens there and back? Where do you keep them while there? I have a couple of dog kennels, a small animal cage, and a bunch of cat carriers. I'm just thinking that I can't keep them locked up the whole time, so... What does everyone else do? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom