CT here? Anyone else?

Is it me, or does there seem to be a lot of new CT members lately? Very cool. Lots of neat chicks coming in too - I've never even heard of a russian oroff!?
I haven't ordered any more chicks - but did order my first batch of hatching eggs! welsummers and silkies coming the end of April. This will be very interesting. And maybe I will have something to bring to Chickenstock after all.
yippiechickie.gif

Terry

Come on!! Someone here HAS to NEED a NN rooster?

Sorry! But I'm sure if you keep trying... LOL

Okay---
let me try again.....

Come on!! Someone here HAS to NEED a NN Rooster!
lol.png
lol.png

Quote:
Okay---
let me try again.....

Come on!! Someone here HAS to NEED a NN Rooster!
lol.png
lol.png

Hi everyone. I'm also from CT. And I do know a couple of you, like Hen! We have a lot of chickens, too many to count! Most are polish though. We did get chicks from MMH, most of which died because of that disease that was going around. We have about 6 left out of 44. But have another order coming in from our local feed store, and we also have 13 ducks that are about 7 weeks old now. I would love that NN rooster! We have one from MMH, he's about 5 or 6 weeks now, and is adorable! Can't wait to meet all you CT chicken people at chickenstock!

Henrietta- I ordered 2ameracuanas, 1BO, 1wellsummer, 1 australorp,2 gold laced wyndottes, The info said they tolerate cold winters and are fairly docile. I set up my area for them with a tupperware farm waterer we got at TS to use for washing our goldens.

Here is a link to feathersite's pics of orloffs. I was looking on Ideal's site for Barnevelders and Welsummers and these caught my eye so I added two pullet chicks to my order.

Neat looking birds! I can see why they caught your eye. What type did you get?
T​

Quote:
Neat looking birds! I can see why they caught your eye. What type did you get?
T

The spangled, two pullets. I hope they do well! I ordered the other types after determining they'd do well here in CT. I can't wait to see pics of everyone's new chicks. June can't get here soon enough to meet those of you who can make it. There's a show on May 18th too. I'll try to find a link. I know I shouldn't go, I KNOW!!! But I probably will......

Found it! https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=32788

Last edited:
There's a show on May 18th too. I'll try to find a link. I know I shouldn't go, I KNOW!!! But I probably will......

Thanks for the link - I hadn't heard about the show. For me it may depend on weather. If its nice, I'll be playing in the garden.
smile.png
Otherwise I may drive up - its over an hour from here though.
roll.png

Terry​

Back
Top Bottom