EMU'S?!?

We went to a zoo today so I figured I'd share some emu photos to help fan the emu flames. I tried to feed one because I just had to, I thought it would work, it totally failed. It walked right up and put my whole hand in its mouth and clamped down 🤣 I still have a red line down my finger from its beak. Best part of the day!!!

Love the ostriches in the second picture! I may hatch a few next year. Not to keep - just for my friend that has them. Don't want to have to deal with keeping them heated over winter.

Did an emu or an ostrich do the hand eating, lol? My friend's ostriches, when I've gone in with them, they always try to eat my hair or fingers or glasses, LOL. A bit disconcerting since they're so much taller than me.

Love the ostriches in the second picture! I may hatch a few next year. Not to keep - just for my friend that has them. Don't want to have to deal with keeping them heated over winter.

Did an emu or an ostrich do the hand eating, lol? My friend's ostriches, when I've gone in with them, they always try to eat my hair or fingers or glasses, LOL. A bit disconcerting since they're so much taller than me.
I stayed away from the ostriches, I figured the emu was big enough 🤣

My husband decided recently that he needed Rhea chicks for his birthday( in May). So now we have two 6 month old ones, the only survivors from a group of 5. They are really fun to watch, and he hopes to breed them, sell eggs and harvest some for meat. He originally wanted Emus but they were too expensive for our budget, and not very readily available here in South Tx.

Back
Top Bottom