cubalaya, kraienkoppe.

i think i will be able to get one before spring ! ya keeping my fingers crossed but otherwise i have some comeing from hatchery stock .
Quote:

Hey, Big B! Did you ever get a cock to go with your pullets? Would love to see him if you did.

Last edited:
lets talk about these breeds some more does anyone have any info that would help !
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread, but i need help. I have a local man that is willing to trade me 2 pullets. I'm not even sure of their age yet. I just can't find the info I need online. He says they are black, but will turn a silver. Does this sound correct? TIA!! Also, are they a dual purpose breed?

I know this is an old thread, but i need help. I have a local man that is willing to trade me 2 pullets. I'm not even sure of their age yet. I just can't find the info I need online. He says they are black, but will turn a silver. Does this sound correct? TIA!! Also, are they a dual purpose breed?

I have silver kraienkoppes and they were never black. Sounds like to me he is trying to trade you some cross breeds. The young cockerels start out a grey color but their chest will eventually turn black at around 3 months old. The pullets always stay a grey, silver color.
Mark

could you guys post some pictures of cubalaya hens and cockerel, and do the same with the kraienkoppe.Im considering getting red of my Araucanas for cubalaya or kraienkoppe.

There is a Cubalaya thread on BYC with hundreds of pictures. Why not try looking there? There is also this little thing called Google some of us like to use...;)

Back
Top Bottom