Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

Here is a blue cockerel....with a tiny bit of gold colored feathers in his upper hackle.

Here you can faintly see the gold feathers.

Here is a late hatched blue pullet that I'm liking..

My 5 broody hatched chicks are 2 weeks old now. There are two interesting colored ones I have not hatched before. One is a very red BBR? The other is like wheaten except all the down is white instead of yellow.

Years ago, mine produced a true Ginger Red. He's pictured over at UFF. I've never produced another, until this year. I noticed in the 9 week olds that there is a Ginger Red. I actually hope he lives because I think I'll keep him and see what I can get out of him.

With all the different strains that I collected and crossed I figured I'd get some odd colorations but surprisingly there have been very few. Now I've made some by crossing crow-wings and duck-wings but that's about it except for the Ginger Red.

My 5 broody hatched chicks are 2 weeks old now. There are two interesting colored ones I have not hatched before. One is a very red BBR? The other is like wheaten except all the down is white instead of yellow.

I'm guessing this one will be an overly red, brown red.

Back
Top Bottom