Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

These 2 are 8 months old and full brothers. The spangle weighs just under 6 lbs and the white weighs just over 4 lbs.

I'm beginning to wonder if this was just a mirage on my yard because I can't find any looking like that anywhere, and yes the picture was taken on my yard.

I've currently hatched (2014) around 50 Cubes. The breed-pens are still running so I expect more, but not sure how long I'll be able to keep everything going this year with the surgery Friday. I'm sure the finally number will be far less than normal.

Last edited:
hope everything goes alright with the surgery. i have 26 hatched so far with a broody hen set to hatch some more in a week. after all the snow, cold weather and now mud, will wait until feb 1st in the future to even think about collecting eggs. after the mud dries (if) and i can rotate some cocks to different breed pens, will continue with the hatching. my plate is pretty full this spring along with all the hatching, have 3 gardens to plant, a few trees to cut, fence to run, and need to build a newer bigger better chicken coop for my cubalayas.

Back
Top Bottom