Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

The University of Arkansas has 10 Cubalaya chicks on the ground. This will be the start of a new line off of my own. I still have all of my birds at home, but only get to see them twice per year. Now I will be able to breed year round with no costs. Hatch hundreds and cull very hard. I see lots of progress in this new line in the future. Plus we give away eggs to the local area for 4H and FFA kids(and others) which will promote and populate the breed.

I have tried multiple times to get the actual club going with officers and meets/awards. I will help pay for the site that Vaughn has worked so hard on, but I really feel that the way to get people involved will be to start the club, establish meets, and get more breeders involved. We can set up a points system to get people interested in showing and breeding for quality. I'm curious to know how everyone else feels about the club.

Zach

The University of Arkansas has 10 Cubalaya chicks on the ground. This will be the start of a new line off of my own. I still have all of my birds at home, but only get to see them twice per year. Now I will be able to breed year round with no costs. Hatch hundreds and cull very hard. I see lots of progress in this new line in the future. Plus we give away eggs to the local area for 4H and FFA kids(and others) which will promote and populate the breed.

I have tried multiple times to get the actual club going with officers and meets/awards. I will help pay for the site that Vaughn has worked so hard on, but I really feel that the way to get people involved will be to start the club, establish meets, and get more breeders involved. We can set up a points system to get people interested in showing and breeding for quality. I'm curious to know how everyone else feels about the club.

Zach
I am strongly in favor to keep the Cubalaya Club going and will be supporting it financially.

i told Vaughn what I thought would work for now on the club.
I am willing to pay some small amount for dues($15 or less).
could care less about showing or points.
vote for the best breeder and put them in charge.

Last edited:

Time to be a little anthropomorphic here, but I know shes looking at me and saying "why no I would never fly up and poop on the table, it must have been someone else."

Garrett, several folks on here sell birds, but the thread has been slow for a few months. Try PM'ing some of the thread folks if any are close to you

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom