Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

Bantam cockerel.
IMG_5552.JPG

Interesting. To my inexperienced eyes Sumatra and Cubalaya look nearly identical in many ways. I always assumed that Sumatra was the dinosaur Cubalaya
It's not unusual to assume it, they look similar. Structurally though, they are different. A Cubalaya is more solid in hand than a Sumatra.
Perhaps an older derivative of Java?
That I don't know. I think a lot more has been added throughout the years than we will ever know, some old time breeders added stuff that they never really owned up to, it just leaked out in course of conversation.

Quote:
Don't know if this helps but in Gamefowl --

Furnace : Dark eyes and legs . The male golden colored feathers across the shoulders which are supposed to resemble a furnace rising from a coal black background. Black breast and saddle , body fiery red often tinging hackle and wing. Some of the hens show a little gold on some shoulder feathers otherwise black.

Polecat : These are black but have more red than Furnaces and of a lighter shade,sometimes extending to hackle and saddle. The hens are dark or black , with hackle to match cock.

Chris..

Last edited:
I got all my starter birds and eggs form a friend. His birds were a result of his crossing stock from Ideal poultry with stock from Shamoman. He really was trying to avoid inbreeding, as am I . I will post a few more pics..

42987_dsc00285_3.jpg

42987_dsc00279_2.jpg

Some of these may not be that great as far as the Standard, but, I am still learning, working, and making progress with them..

Back
Top Bottom