Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

Pics
Oh and thank you very much for the lovely picture of your rooster's face - my boys all seem to have combs that reach too far back. This year's boys are too young to judge yet.

If that white hen keeps her tail that way all the time, that would be excellent. Not bad at all.

On the combs-they should not extend past the eye, but up to the eye is fine. Ideally higher in back, with the 3 ridges a pea comb should have. Ridges should be straight, comb should not lop. but, remember, combs are minor as far as points go. I've only seen one bird in person with a perfect comb, although many that were very much acceptable. I like the mottled cocks comb because it is taller and has the ridges. Most of my birds combs are almost like a cushion comb, still ok, but a little larger would be closer to Standard.

This is a five month old hen, the best bird from this year's chicks I think. She just won best large fowl hen in our local fair show last Thursday. The judge came over and said "don't let that one get away from you, she's something special."

she is looking good there woods. did that come from the 2 whites that i sold you? glad you are winning in the shows.

This is a five month old hen, the best bird from this year's chicks I think. She just won best large fowl hen in our local fair show last Thursday. The judge came over and said "don't let that one get away from you, she's something special."

She looks like she is wearing a white gown. Not sure if that makes sense, but very pretty to my untrained eye

Here is a white pullet of mine from last year with white legs. Compare this to the above white pullet, it seems like the legs are blue/grey tinted somewhat? They should be almost pinkish white. Maybe once again the photo is bad? I just want to be sure the legs are clean white?

Not to imply that legs color is the ultimate thing to worry about, it's not. But if a judge awards a win to a bird with a DQ leg color, that's a bad judge. Maybe it's just the picture or my computer?

Gallo, it's the shadows, look at the lit topsides - Princess' legs are the prettiest shade of pinkish white. Her beak is a little yellowish. I've watched carefully a couple days and she has to be really running to bring the tail up near horizontal. If alert standing still she just fans it low and pretty.

Prettiest bird in my yard, cock or hen, and only 6 months old.

She was perfect except for the head and beak, too long and narrow in my opinion. I intended to keep her anyway, but last fall was horrible for disease around here, and I ended up culling her.

Back
Top Bottom