Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

Welp chick update!

Surprise! Surprise! Surprise! I was totally caught off guard when I walk out to my Welp pen and found this.

I mean, these birds are not even 5 1/2 months old yet. I was not expecting eggs for another 2 months. I am Happy! Happy! Happy!

They are small of course. Here is one next to a regular one form my adult cubalayas.

Glad to see that Jungle! Are you still liking them now that they are getting close to adult hood? Done your first culling yet?? I'm curious to see how the weights are. How is the hatching going?? ....stan

I am liking them very much. The roosters are really starting to look really good. They might even rival my Zooks. Honestly, if I would have known how good these birds were going to turn out, I might have not ever looked anywhere else. A few of the hens also look pretty good. Actually, I am not sure if anything I breed this year is going to turn out as good, but it is so hard to tell because these cubas change some much as they grow. I do know that I will be using these Welp birds in next years breeding plan. It is still too early to cull. I am still in disbelief that they are already laying at just over five months old. Even production birds don't start this early. I have not weighed them since the last time. I switched their feed to 28% game bird grower since I last weighed them for a while and then to Nature Wise 18% All Flock last week. I bet they have put on some weight. I should weigh them.

I wanted to let some of you know who may not otherwise find out that my wife delivered our new daughter Tuesday morning. Mother and daughter are both doing well and are home from the hospital now. She was born 3 weeks early but is fine and healthy and she was delivered without pain meds even though the labor was long and difficult. Thanks to all of you who offered congratulations and well wishes already!!

I wanted to let some of you know who may not otherwise find out that my wife delivered our new daughter Tuesday morning. Mother and daughter are both doing well and are home from the hospital now. She was born 3 weeks early but is fine and healthy and she was delivered without pain meds even though the labor was long and difficult. Thanks to all of you who offered congratulations and well wishes already!!
Please add my CONGRATS!! I always wanted a little girl but ended up with 2 boys. And my best to the wife......tough girl apparently.....I know what my wife went through with ours and she wanted to quit and go back home even with the pain meds. ........ stan

Back
Top Bottom