Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

This was his sire, but he got the bigger wattle genetics from his dam.
IMG_7661.JPG
IMG_7646.JPG

This one is balanced very well and nice head. Like him also. This father and his son are of different type. This one is older, so it is hard to compare them. It will be interesting to see how his son fills out. I Think he will be a nice up right height.
My black Ganoi/Cuba hen would give a clean face and longer heavy body. She is lacking in tail feather abundance and length feathers for a cubalaya. Thanks for the photos.

This one is balanced very well and nice head. Like him also. This father and his son are of different type. This one is older, so it is hard to compare them. It will be interesting to see how his son fills out. I Think he will be a nice up right height.
My black Ganoi/Cuba hen would give a clean face and longer heavy body. She is lacking in tail feather abundance and length feathers for a cubalaya. Thanks for the photos.
The black Cockerels' mother is pure X line which are a bit more pheasant like in type. The cockerels mother is difficult to get a good picture of because of her pheasant-ish like behavior.

The black Cockerels' mother is pure X line which are a bit more pheasant like in type. The cockerels mother is difficult to get a good picture of because of her pheasant-ish like behavior.
The pheasant-ish behavior is what I have experienced in some Sumatra/cubalaya birds in the past. Such beauty and quick to move.

Honest question with bit less drooling:

Do they live up to their reputation of being a duel purpose or are most of the stock in the US show stock?
i keep them because i love the breed. i dont show. i have tried to breed for production, health, and to the standard. they lay good and we eat quite a few of the extra stags. so yes, i would say they are more than one purpose chickens

i keep them because i love the breed. i dont show. i have tried to breed for production, health, and to the standard. they lay good and we eat quite a few of the extra stags. so yes, i would say they are more than one purpose chickens
I hear you about not showing and agree. It takes a lot of doing to show them. Sometimes it is detrimental to the bird being shown, which I have experienced in the past.
However, at the show I hear things about the birds that otherwise might be missed or that are very interesting. Showing your stock could also give people a chance to see a quality bird, with all the traits you mentioned, which might encourage them to breed it.
I want to show again, however not with my best birds that I use for breeding.

Back
Top Bottom