Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

How is your hatching season going?
Not hatching cubalayas this year. I hatched some Brazilians from Saab and Pasquale lines and some blue crusher Brazilians. 2 asil hens sat on eggs from 2 different cocks and didn't hatch anything. May try the asils again before summer is over. Will hatch plenty of cubalayas next year if the Lord is willing

I can't justify getting rid of him as far as a meat bird goes.
IMG_0281.JPG

So great to see all the great pictures. I am starting over at a new homestead in a much more homestead-friendly part and things are going great. I got a nice little flock up and coming from TSC chicks. At some point, I would like to maybe buy some hatching eggs from one of you guys just to have some Cubalayas in the mix. I sure mis the great Cubas I used to have I got from Zook.

My new flock of pullets raised from chicks I got in February and March. Barred Rocks, Welsumers, Marans, Dominiques, EEs,OEs, Wynadottes, and a few other random chicks I grabbed at TSC.

1685542838742.png

View attachment 3524209
This thing. I'm still a chicken noob in many ways myself, and I can't figure out what it is. Looks similar to a cubalaya hen but this person doesn't have those at the moment

Yeah, that's the pullet I was talking about. Well from the breeds listed, I'd guess a weird looking EE, or a random TSC bird. But she does look extremely game

Yeah, that's the pullet I was talking about. Well from the breeds listed, I'd guess a weird looking EE, or a random TSC bird. But she does look extremely game

Actually, that is a Wheaten Gamefowl hen I bought from a nearby homestead. I love gamefowl.

Here is an album of pictures from my old homestead. I suffered a bad injury and had to give all of these up, but I still love the pictures of them.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3343278772580219&type=3

Actually, that is a Wheaten Gamefowl hen I bought from a nearby homestead. I love gamefowl.

Here is an album of pictures from my old homestead. I suffered a bad injury and had to give all of these up, but I still love the pictures of them.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3343278772580219&type=3
Thank you, this solves a chicken mystery here. I have a few wheaten gamefowl and I had absolutely no idea what they were except "probably game of some kind"

Back
Top Bottom