Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

Bantam mother daughter pair.
IMG_1993.JPG

This is two bantam cockerels a month apart in age. Mothers are sisters and sire is the same male. They are from a khaki x dun breeding and are khaki colored themselves. The smaller one looks white in this picture, but he's just cleaner colored khaki than the bigger one.
IMG_2285.JPG

The older cockerel.
IMG_2286.JPG

Three month old siblings. In my breeding program I select for a bit higher station than some breeders do. The reason being so that I have a more continuous downward flow from head to tip of tail, than a horizontal-ish downward flow. I like the the higher station look a little better as well.
IMG_2986.JPG
IMG_3071.JPG

Three month old siblings. In my breeding program I select for a bit higher station than some breeders do. The reason being so that I have a more continuous downward flow from head to tip of tail, than a horizontal-ish downward flow. I like the the higher station look a little better as well. View attachment 3650147View attachment 3650148
Thank you Troyer, for that post. Your thinking on higher station is excellent. Now with lower, long tail, is the only way the bird can be balanced. I like this a lot. The Oriental Gamefowl: Malay, Shamo.. are balanced birds. I like the white. The black is very nice. I like it the best.

Back
Top Bottom