Cuckoo Bluebar...

Pics
Pics to come later but chicks are a mix between black and blue/gray. All are healthy and seem to be good aside from one that died in shell after pipping.

Pics to come later but chicks are a mix between black and blue/gray.  All are healthy and seem to be good aside from one that died in shell after pipping.

How many did you order and what did you do to ensure a complete hatch? Did you rest for 24 hours after shipping and then candle or did you pop str8 into the bator?

Ordered 1 dozen. Put them straight in the incubator. One didn't develop and it looks as though 9 of 11 are going to produce live chicks. One died as previously mentioned and I'm not sure the other will hatch. I don't hear any chirping or picking inside it.

It should be noted my incubator is a Brinsea 40 Advance EX so results may not translate to more typical Hovabators, etc.

Last edited:
Ordered 1 dozen.  Put them straight in the incubator.  One didn't develop and it looks as though 9 of 11 are going to produce live chicks.  One died as previously mentioned and I'm not sure the other will hatch.  I don't hear any chirping or picking inside it.

It should be noted my incubator is a Brinsea 40 Advance EX so results may not translate to more typical Hovabators, etc.

Pretty cool! Thanks for the info!!

10 of 12 ended up live. 1 died during hatching and one never developed.
2b775876bde3043308a8aa7aca0a43a8.jpg
b94fb8b5eb0f1a9ea012d233ecc10f94.jpg

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Congratulations! Those are some nice looking chicks!
I wonder what they are thinking... :)

I hope my hatching goes as well... Yesterday morning we had a power outage PLUS due to fluctuating temps (dropping so low at night) my cheap little incubator doesn't seem to be keeping a steady temp,. this worries me.

Lost five of these guys. They just never started eating so I'm down to six and one of those looks awful. I should note that the brooder is full of chicks hatched the same day and this is the only variety that seems to have an issue. I would characterize them as weak chicks. Kind of like my White Faced Black Spanish.

Last edited:
That's strange. I had absolutely no luck hatching purebred chicks from my cream Legbars, but my crosses were very hardy.

Do your remaining chicks appear to be strong and healthy?

The one in the picture appears to be doing well.

I just reread your post........ Maybe with the exception of the weak chick, the rest of them will be OK.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom