Cuckoo Ko Shamo

Then I submit that the discussion still needs to include slow feathering vs fast feathering as it is definitely a trait of interest to the original poster. Cuckoo shows up best without slow feathering. Barring shows up best with slow feathering.
Shamo are slow to feather out anyways, like Malay, & Asil. So, I don't really think it really needs to be discussed based on that.

Thanks everyone for your feedback so far.

So we have mentioned what could be paired with a KO to get the barring in. Does anyone have any idea what is the best route to take to do the same to an Old English Game Bantam breed?

Where would I start and with what birds to produce the following? Images provided below.......... @MysteryChicken @DarJones @nicalandia

Screenshot 2022-01-15 at 19.13.05.png

Screenshot 2022-01-15 at 19.13.13.png

And would you say these are barred or double barred?

Thanks everyone for your feedback so far.

So we have mentioned what could be paired with a KO to get the barring in. Does anyone have any idea what is the best route to take to do the same to an Old English Game Bantam breed?

Where would I start and with what birds to produce the following? Images provided below.......... @MysteryChicken @DarJones @nicalandia

View attachment 2961724

View attachment 2961727

And would you say these are barred or double barred?
Not all those in the picture are pure OEGB, for one. Most in the pictures have yellow legs, & OEGBs are supposed to have white.

Barring would have to be introduced in pretty much the same way. With another bird that carries the genes.

All the birds in the pictures(Especially the pullets/hens) are single Barred, roosters should be double Barred. The extra barring gene makes males look lighter in appearance then the females.

Back
Top Bottom