Cuckoo Maran Gender Help

cuckoo marans (adults) also marans always has an s at the end ;)

hen
MoronHen.JPEG

rooster
MaransMaleLt.JPEG

not too sure why you had to put that about a missing s? or why it matters?! :S
I was refering to one cuckoo maran in the title as I know the other is a girl so I assumed it would be singular not plural. not a big deal really.

Ive seen pictures on google already, they were not much help to me as my chicken looks like neither of them yet, other then the comb and wattle as it is not an adult

The second picture I posted is of a relative of my chicken.

It is according to what? Nothing I have seen, besides posts on BYC have had it that way.
Bev Davis, for one. Kinda the high priestess of Marans.
wink.png

The Marans Club of America
The breed standard.

I know it seems picky at times but we usually figure folks are here to learn, and I for one like to know if I'm saying something wrong so I sound more intelligent when I'm talking to others who know more about the topic. It wasn't meant to be a huge thing, just education. Like telling folks New Hampshires don't have the word Red on the end of the name. It's just a litte education.

Last edited:
The reason for the "s" on the end of Marans is because they were named after the town of Marans, France where they originated. And I did not know that about the New Hampshires not having the Red on the end. Thanks for that bit of information.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom