1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

cuckoo maran questions

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ponderchick, May 30, 2008.

1. ponderchick

ponderchick Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2008
    east texas
    i am hatchig cuckoo maran eggs,2 hatched yesterday, 2 are pipping today. my question is how friendly are they when they are grown. the 2 chicks that have hatched are so sweet. and thet are the cutest chicks i've had so far, so i'm really praying that they have a good pesonality. I just love those little fuzzy butts!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Mine have always been very friendly and laid back...including the roosters.

3. SusanJoM

SusanJoM Chillin' With My Peeps

Just for the record, even one CM is a Cuckoo MaranS, not a Cuckoo Maran....

[​IMG]

4. TMNTCkins

TMNTCkins Chillin' With My Peeps

Ours are 7 wks. old and very friendly. Pretty birds [​IMG]

5. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    Mine are very calm birds. They are friendly enough and would probably be more friendly if I handled them much.

6. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    I received mine from my aunt at six week old and it was not handled much. However, it is very calm and is really starting to warm up to me.

7. Chickndaddy

Chickndaddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2007
    East Texas
    Mine were very calm and layed back. They only got excited about being let out to free-range. I had a spare rooster that lived with the guineas (appropriately names Spare) but I think they drove him crazy. He got super aggressive. Other than him, I never had any problems with them. They are just big feathered sweethearts.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by