Cuckoo Maran Roo or Barred Rock?

OneAndTwoOfFour

Chirping
Jun 4, 2018
OK, I'm sorry to bring this up as it's my second post here in an hour. We have always understood this guy to be a Barred Rock. However, he looks a bit different than our other Barred Rock roosters. He's just a bit more "polished" looking. He's "delicate" and pretty-looking while our Barred Rocks are ALL Barred Rock and fun! This guy is a bit aloof and pretty-boy acting. Think Rob Lowe of the chicken world. :)

My daughters swear he's a Cuckoo Maran. I say Barred Rock but could they be right?

Dormin-1.jpg

Thanks, everyone! :)

OK, I'm sorry to bring this up as it's my second post here in an hour. We have always understood this guy to be a Barred Rock. However, he looks a bit different than our other Barred Rock roosters. He's just a bit more "polished" looking. He's "delicate" and pretty-looking while our Barred Rocks are ALL Barred Rock and fun! This guy is a bit aloof and pretty-boy acting. Think Rob Lowe of the chicken world. :)

My daughters swear he's a Cuckoo Maran. I say Barred Rock but could they be right?

View attachment 1539013

Thanks, everyone! :)
Looks like a barred rock to me cuckoo marans have white feet and his feet look more yellow then white

Thank you all so much! I will show these responses to our children and perhaps this will end the debate and lead to some deeper research on our Barred Rocks and now, new Cuckoo Marans! We have a few day-old chicks of the CMs! :)

Back
Top Bottom