Definitely Not Important …

2iceblest

Chirping
Jul 14, 2023
Cicero, Indiana
Just a note. I have a Barred Rock and a Cuckoo Marans in my small flock. Everyone is 11 weeks old.
I was calling the Cuckoo “Stumpy” because her tail is very short, always has been. The only differences between the two are the tail feathers and that Stumpy’s pattern has been more muted the last few weeks. They’re both the same size and have more black than white in their patterns. After looking and looking at pics, I still can’t tell the difference. Maybe they’re the same breed. Who knows.
Guess I’ll have to wait for the eggs.
And, by the way … I ordered some Colombian Wyandotte because of their mild temperament but they’re always going around bumping everyone in the chest when free ranging. Crazy chickens.

What color legs do your Cuckoo Marans and Barred Rock have? Marans should have white legs and BRs should have yellow :)

Well, they both have grey-tinged (?) over cream legs. The Wyandottes and Leghorn have yellow.

Grey wash on the front of the legs is normal for both breeds. If they’re really both white-skinned and you know they’re purebred and not mixes, then you likely have two Cuckoo Marans. I’d have to see a picture of them to make a better guess.

🤣 wyandottes are nuts, never had a mild one.
Can you please get pictures of your birds?
Apologies. Between work and family issues, I’ve been barely keeping up.
Figured it out. Just this week, the one I thought was the Cuckoo Marans started turning yellow on her legs. The fronts are still grey. It began with the bottoms of her feet and worked up the back of her legs. Mystery solved.

Back
Top Bottom