Cuckoo Marans gender

Jennie5193

Songster
10 Years
Mar 2, 2009
South East TN
I have 8 Cuckoo Marans that were hatched mid-January. I thought for a while that one was a rooster and the rest were pullets (because of the light/dark coloring) a few weeks ago, the "rest" (all but one) of the Marans started having red combs, waddles, and earlobes.

Does anyone think that these are late blooming roosters, or early blooming pullets?

One of the Marans (I'm sure is a pullet) has a small comb, no waddles, and no earlobes and is a LOT darker than the rest of the bunch.

Any one have any guesses?

Last edited:
That link doesn't work for me!

To get them to show up on here, click the IMG button above the smileys when you're righting a post. Then go to wherever you have uploaded your image, right click on it, and select copy image location.

Then paste the image location in between the (here) [ /img]

And your picture will show up!

Last edited:
index.cfm

Maybe this'll work.

Yeah, that's what I was hoping against. Every day, they look more and more roosterish. I was hoping that someone would say "hey, I had Cuckoo Marans and they were all early bloomers and they grew big red combs and waddles...
fl.gif

The first picture is a good representation of the rooster (that I'm for sure of) and one of the others.

Thanks for your replies. I'd hate to send 'em off to freezer camp and then there be a possibility they were hens!

Back
Top Bottom