Cuddly Chicken Behavoirs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by MiddleMan, Nov 22, 2009.

1. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2009
    Portland, Oregon
    So, how many of you let your babies sleep on your lap while you surf BYC at night?

My four Serama's complain at me every night till I let them sleep on my lap. Not tha I mind really, it's getting chilly and they keep my lap nice and toasty.
    you can only see trhee of the four here, the other is sitting down by my knee. [​IMG]
    I think I may have spoiled them.
    [​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Yup, they're spoiled!

3. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

I don't know who is spoiling whom? You all 5 look pretty cozy [​IMG]

4. Kittymomma

Kittymomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2009
    Olympia, WA
    Too cute!!

5. TamiHunter

TamiHunter Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2009
    Saint Helens, Oregon
    I have a little porcelain pullet that LOVES to come in and sit on my lap!! See avitar pic, that's my fave girl Echo. She is the most lovable bird I have ever known!! We love our birds...[​IMG]

6. gsim

gsim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    East Tennessee
    I have a couple that I would bring in at night for awhile if only I could come up with a way to diaper them. Ha-ha-ha. I used to take one at a time if they indicated a friendliness and let them sit in my lap while on the porch swing for 1 min or so when they were chicks in a box in my garage. They lost that friendliness for awhile after going out to their coop, but have regained it now.

7. Bravo

Bravo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    CA
    OMG that is the cutest thing ever!!!

8. Critter Crazed

Critter Crazed Chicken Cuddlin' Cheesehead

Jun 22, 2009
    My rooster will whine for me at night until I go out there. He'll jump into my arms and I'll bring him back to the deck and snuggle with him for half an hour before I have to put him back with the girls. He'll snuggle into my hair and fall asleep in my arms. [​IMG] He can't be in my lap, he has to be on my shoulder or in my arms! :lol

Chickens can be so cute... Adorable picture. [​IMG] Congrats on your snuggle buddies!

9. You have some pretty spoiled little birds there. Seramas are actually pets in their native country of origin.

I suppose that if you can stand the poop and do something about it you will have some "house" birds.

Thank you for caring about the little ones in this world, they need TLC just like the rest of us.

The black headed one is "OUT".

10. g_a_brand

g_a_brand Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    Debert, Nova Scotia
    [​IMG] awwwww that is such a sweet photo mine are not allowed in the house unless they are hurt but they will snuggle with me in the coop or run

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by