Cumberland Blue Indian Runners?

EmtheFishLady

We're all mad here
11 Years
Jan 13, 2011
Glen, MS
Anybody have any? I'm looking for some to buy. Holderread's sold all of theirs.
1f615.png

It is really the wrong time of year to be shipping ducks. Those that actually do ship this time of year do so with large losses of life due the the cold weather and slow shipping times around the holidays. Best to wait till spring or check your local ads like craigslist. Holderreads does old fashioned mail orders so you need to call and see if they have any for next year as they do sell out and place your order ASAP. Other hatcheries will start taking orders starting in early spring.

Last edited:
I already checked with Holderreads. They have sold their stock in the Blue, and are getting out of most of their Runners. I have a pair of their top show quality whites ordered, but really want the blues. I'm more looking for a source of them, not looking to ship them anytime soon. I've found some hatcheries with them, but the quality of them are not that great.

I have only one blue runner hen right now (a friend loved them so much I gave her my other blue hen which was then killed by a raccoon). She's a beaut though. If I end up with any blue runner ducklings they'll end up posted for sale. And since my ducks are training ducks my lovely 7 mo. old hen "Blue duck" will be sold along with the rest of the flock midsummer when I switch them out with their ducklings. All ducks deserve a retirement from being herded by my well-mannered border collie (no rough dogs allowed to train on my flock). Blue duck is one of my favorites and I'm looking forward to see what she produces. Soon as those eggs start I'll be getting my incubator up and going.

Back
Top Bottom