Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

Looking forward to photos!

All 10 Salmon Faverolles hatched. I have found that 10 chicks are impossible to get a perfect photo of though. :lau Silkies are up next!

DSC_0004.JPG
DSC_0005.JPG

The silkie chicks are so cute! How many chickens do you have now? How many will it be if you keep all the chicks? I'm always amazed at all the BYCers who have upwards of 30 chickens. :bow I'm doing good to handle 12, and I'm a bit nervous about growing to 18-20 to accommodate my two cockerels.

The silkie chicks are so cute! How many chickens do you have now? How many will it be if you keep all the chicks? I'm always amazed at all the BYCers who have upwards of 30 chickens. :bow I'm doing good to handle 12, and I'm a bit nervous about growing to 18-20 to accommodate my two cockerels.

I actually keep a very small flock on my property. I only have 12 at the moment and never more than 20 pullets/laying hens at any given time. Some of the chickens are pets and will get to live out their days here and some I keep for a while and rotate out to others that are looking for friendly laying hens (my daughter and I spend lots of time with the flock and chicks so they're usually very personable and docile). I add pullets back in through hatching and broody hens. I get my chicken fix through hatching chicks for others and I usually only keep 1 or 2 chicks here and there out of my hatches but these Silkies are just SO adorable!

Morning to all how ya doing ? Second cup of coffee here heading to town ran out of propane
for the stove last night as in cooking .. tell ya that was a scatter hooking 5 er's to the hoses
If your stove is propane, you need a 100 gallon tank. We have that for our generator. So convenient. We have an account with a propane supplier and they just come out when we call and fill it. I want to change to a propane stove when we remodel the kitchen, and think the 100 gal tank will still be large enough. We own our tank, but I think the propane companies will supply one if you open an account.

Back
Top Bottom