Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

You never hatched eggs before? :eek: You need to!

When we had our little place in FL, I already had more chickens than I really needed (guess that's heresy around here) and wanted to get ducks. DH & I were in the process of building a huge duck area, but then we moved for his job. Now that I'm in WY, I don't have room for more than the 5 I have.

So, never say never, but as of now, haven't hatched any.

View attachment 2041949Here it is. Comments anyone? It would replace my magicFly

I call these China-bators. In the land of China-bators the black tops are better than the yellow top ones but they're unfortunately not very reliable and all of them seem to have inconsistent results. The black top with the giant yellow chick graphic on it appears to have the best results but these aren't first hand for me.

I would personally hop on craigslist or facebook marketplace and look for used incubators. I got my Little Giant at Restore second hand with a turner for only $15. The Hovabator and Farm Innovators were given to me. A lot of people try hatching and find that it's not for them so they give it up and you can get great deals if you look for them. I in turn gave away the Little Giant and the Farm Innovators after trying them out, making sure they worked and and narrowed it down to my favorite incubators that I'm keeping. Good luck on your search!

Thanks. It's my first illness to deal with, so I should feel lucky. But, I don't think Queen Victoria is feeling too lucky today. I will call the vet as soon as they open this morning to see if I can get her in. That is if she is still alive. I just went to check on her and she is not moving much at all and refuses any sort of water. I only ever had 2 illnesses, and I just found them already passed from it. Neither showed any signs of illness until they were gone. One was last year and the other was the year before. I didn't have much of an idea about necropsues at the time, so I didn't get one. But, obviously a year later, this isn't related to that. If I lose Queen V,without knowing what's wrong with her, I'll send her in for one. I want to make sure it's not something contagious to the rest of my flock.

Back
Top Bottom