Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

Good morning everyone. I am going to have to unload the feed from the truck today and start prepping for the sale tomorrow.

I hope the sale goes well for you tomorrow Cap!

My husband had surgery yesterday afternoon to insert a rod in his femur with locking bolts. He was in recovery last night at 1900 awake and doing fine. Talked with him this morning and he was in good spirits. I have already made arrangements for him to be placed at a health care facility for recovery. He will not be able to return home until he is able to get up by himself and do for himself. I could not even begin to help him get up. Hopefully he will be back home in a month or two.

Glad your husband came out of the surgery well. I hope he totally recuperates and gets back home soon.

Not far away at all. We live in Hollister just 8 miles west of Palatka. We are the central area to Gainesville which is 50 minutes west, Jacksonville which is 50 to 60 minutes north, St. Augustine which is 45 minutes east, and Daytona which is 50 minutes south. There is so much available to us without living in a big city.

We used to go to Palatka when we couldn't do all our shopping in Keystone Heights. DH's mother lives in Jacksonville. And I spent a lot of time in St. Augustine, always a fun place to visit. I sure miss living where we used to, but had to go where DH's job was. I love Florida!

Basically she is lethargic and until this morning would not eat or drink anything. This morning I got a tiny bit of egg in her and a little probiotic water. I have a thread in the ER Forum going about her - Queen Victoria wont eat or drink. The consensus is that this is an infection, but not sure whether bacterial or yeast. Probably gleet is involved. I just don't know. She went down fast. Happy she is a tiny bit perky this morning. Waiting for the vet to open so I can grab an emergency appt.

I have a wonderful veterinarian, and I just found out she sees chickens, but she is very popular and impossible to get into. Every time I have an emergency, I say to myself I need to find a new vet. I would still bring my special needs dog to her I think. Ruby doesn't trust most vets.

Let us know what the vet says Val. You're lucky to have one that will see chickens. I always have to play vet for my flock and it's not easy. Chickens seem to hide their illnesses and injuries until things are way bad and then you have to scramble to figure out what's wrong. Hope Queen Victoria will be ok!

My husband had surgery yesterday afternoon to insert a rod in his femur with locking bolts. He was in recovery last night at 1900 awake and doing fine. Talked with him this morning and he was in good spirits. I have already made arrangements for him to be placed at a health care facility for recovery. He will not be able to return home until he is able to get up by himself and do for himself. I could not even begin to help him get up. Hopefully he will be back home in a month or two.
That is great news!

I hope the sale goes well for you tomorrow Cap!

Glad your husband came out of the surgery well. I hope he totally recuperates and gets back home soon.

We used to go to Palatka when we couldn't do all our shopping in Keystone Heights. DH's mother lives in Jacksonville. And I spent a lot of time in St. Augustine, always a fun place to visit. I sure miss living where we used to, but had to go where DH's job was. I love Florida!
Oops , sale is Saturday so I have more time to get things done!

I had the same surgery. Make sure he gets PT, I didn't get as much as I needed and it's still taking me forever to get to the point I can walk without a limp, plus the pain associated with all the nerve damage and ligaments that take forever to heal.
Still can't lay on my side due to the pain of the lag screw pushing into the ball joint. :hit
Hope he has a speedy recovery.

I had the same surgery. Make sure he gets PT, I didn't get as much as I needed and it's still taking me forever to get to the point I can walk without a limp, plus the pain associated with all the nerve damage and ligaments that take forever to heal.
Still can't lay on my side due to the pain of the lag screw pushing into the ball joint. :hit
Hope he has a speedy recovery.
Sorry Sean. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom