Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

Thanks. It's my first illness to deal with, so I should feel lucky. But, I don't think Queen Victoria is feeling too lucky today. I will call the vet as soon as they open this morning to see if I can get her in. That is if she is still alive. I just went to check on her and she is not moving much at all and refuses any sort of water. I only ever had 2 illnesses, and I just found them already passed from it. Neither showed any signs of illness until they were gone. One was last year and the other was the year before. I didn't have much of an idea about necropsues at the time, so I didn't get one. But, obviously a year later, this isn't related to that. If I lose Queen V,without knowing what's wrong with her, I'll send her in for one. I want to make sure it's not something contagious to the rest of my flock.

Fingers crossed for your hen

Oh no, what's the problem? Symptoms?
Basically she is lethargic and until this morning would not eat or drink anything. This morning I got a tiny bit of egg in her and a little probiotic water. I have a thread in the ER Forum going about her - Queen Victoria wont eat or drink. The consensus is that this is an infection, but not sure whether bacterial or yeast. Probably gleet is involved. I just don't know. She went down fast. Happy she is a tiny bit perky this morning. Waiting for the vet to open so I can grab an emergency appt.

I have a wonderful veterinarian, and I just found out she sees chickens, but she is very popular and impossible to get into. Every time I have an emergency, I say to myself I need to find a new vet. I would still bring my special needs dog to her I think. Ruby doesn't trust most vets.

Omg, that's awful! That is the hospital where my Dad had his open heart surgery. Hugs to both of you.

My husband had surgery yesterday afternoon to insert a rod in his femur with locking bolts. He was in recovery last night at 1900 awake and doing fine. Talked with him this morning and he was in good spirits. I have already made arrangements for him to be placed at a health care facility for recovery. He will not be able to return home until he is able to get up by himself and do for himself. I could not even begin to help him get up. Hopefully he will be back home in a month or two.

My husband had surgery yesterday afternoon to insert a rod in his femur with locking bolts. He was in recovery last night at 1900 awake and doing fine. Talked with him this morning and he was in good spirits. I have already made arrangements for him to be placed at a health care facility for recovery. He will not be able to return home until he is able to get up by himself and do for himself. I could not even begin to help him get up. Hopefully he will be back home in a month or two.

So glad the surgery went well! I hope that his recovery goes quickly and smoothly!

Basically she is lethargic and until this morning would not eat or drink anything. This morning I got a tiny bit of egg in her and a little probiotic water. I have a thread in the ER Forum going about her - Queen Victoria wont eat or drink. The consensus is that this is an infection, but not sure whether bacterial or yeast. Probably gleet is involved. I just don't know. She went down fast. Happy she is a tiny bit perky this morning. Waiting for the vet to open so I can grab an emergency appt.

I have a wonderful veterinarian, and I just found out she sees chickens, but she is very popular and impossible to get into. Every time I have an emergency, I say to myself I need to find a new vet. I would still bring my special needs dog to her I think. Ruby doesn't trust most vets.

:hugs I hope she will see her on short notice!

So sorry to hear that! Poor guy. No wonder you're tired today.

Hey, I didn't realize you're so close to Gainesville! When DH & I had our little farm in FL, we were about 30 miles east of Gainesville...we were outside of Florahome. Shoot, you and I were practically neighbors!

Not far away at all. We live in Hollister just 8 miles west of Palatka. We are the central area to Gainesville which is 50 minutes west, Jacksonville which is 50 to 60 minutes north, St. Augustine which is 45 minutes east, and Daytona which is 50 minutes south. There is so much available to us without living in a big city.

I'm so sorry to hear about your DH's fall!!! I hope all comes along okay for him!
Thanks so much. I'm hoping he gets started soon. He is building a driveway gate right now, and oh, he's actually downstairs in his office working right now. Odd retirement, if you ask me. :rolleyes:
Huh....it's sunny here.

Congratulations for your husband on his retitement. Hope you get a lot done.

That's very good news!!!

Back
Top Bottom