Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

I use a bit of candle wax or clear hard as nails polish for a cracked one
started a dry hatch yesterday for the hatch along ...
Hey good morning my coops are clean anyone want a scrambled egg sandwich ?
add some sharp cheese ... BF asked for meatloaf tonight
I thought we were setting eggs on the 21st(chickens).

Good morning everyone!

The coffee & hot tea water is ready for anyone that wants some
smiley coffee table.gif

@ValerieJ what's your routine with Mad and his girls? Do you hold the hens at all? Call them? Give Mad the treats and he calls them?
My routine was to sprinkle treats around in the mornings, and Mad was always in the front, and I was talking to him. But, lately, instead of going for the treats with the girls, he trots along side of me as I do a few chores out there and when I turn my back will try to flog me. At first, he would just peck at me face to face, and I would peck right back, so that stopped. But the surprise attack is his new method. So I keep an eye on him, but there is always that minute when I'm trying to clean the coop or gather eggs when he catches me off guard. Then I have tried a couple things, but what works the best is to just pick him up and sit in a chair and hold him for a while until he is calm. Then he leaves me alone, until the next time I am out there. I don't pick up any of my chickens and cuddle them like a lot of folks here. They all come running when I come out, and I often will sit out there with them and they'll gather around. The two pullets will jump up on my chair, but not my lap. I'm not this way because of Mad. I've just never been into cuddling my chickens. :oops:

My routine was to sprinkle treats around in the mornings, and Mad was always in the front, and I was talking to him. But, lately, instead of going for the treats with the girls, he trots along side of me as I do a few chores out there and when I turn my back will try to flog me. At first, he would just peck at me face to face, and I would peck right back, so that stopped. But the surprise attack is his new method. So I keep an eye on him, but there is always that minute when I'm trying to clean the coop or gather eggs when he catches me off guard. Then I have tried a couple things, but what works the best is to just pick him up and sit in a chair and hold him for a while until he is calm. Then he leaves me alone, until the next time I am out there. I don't pick up any of my chickens and cuddle them like a lot of folks here. They all come running when I come out, and I often will sit out there with them and they'll gather around. The two pullets will jump up on my chair, but not my lap. I'm not this way because of Mad. I've just never been into cuddling my chickens. :oops:
Don't hide under a chair. I don't cuddle any of my chickens and never have. They come to me because I have food and I enjoy sitting outside with them too.

That sneak attack bit is what made many of my decisions about roosters. Be careful!

Back
Top Bottom