Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

I use a bit of candle wax or clear hard as nails polish for a cracked one
started a dry hatch yesterday for the hatch along ...
Hey good morning my coops are clean anyone want a scrambled egg sandwich ?
add some sharp cheese ... BF asked for meatloaf tonight

Good luck on your hatch! Did you set cracked ones in the hatch as well?

Hey Val give him about 3 or 4 months alone see if he can become a good boy
but be sure to see him daily even have a treat with
That's what I'm thinking too. Right now every other chicken is pretty happy, but when roost time comes around, it may be a whole different story. Mad is in Pippi's coop and Pippi will have to go in to one of the hen coops. He has stayed on his own at night. I will be out there at dusk making sure everyone goes in somewhere. There is a sweeter heater available to Mad if he needs it in a coop by himself. Still getting down to freezing at night. He is a little distraught right now, but that is how it needs to be.

I've always thought I'd love Montana, but all that snow? I don't know about that. It's good to see you!

Doing fine here. Trying to decide what to do with Mad Hatter. He is so protective of his girls that he challenges me every day, and spending quality time with a cockerel before breakfast, just so I can give treats to chickens is getting old quick. I'm actually considering putting him in a run by himself for a while. Pippi, the other cockerel, is as sweet as he can be, and I suppose a smarter person would just rehome Mad and keep Pippi, but I am hoping to save Mad. I think someone else would have put him in a soup pot long before this point. I'm pretty committed to give him a forever home. Will he have to be alone for that time? That's up to him. He is 7 months old, so I hope the next 5 months mellows him out a bit.
You would like it this winter. Hardly any snow! It's been a weird one. Good to see you, as well :)

My Cheap Shot Charlie has only just begun to level out. He was set to be butchered, but I changed my mind the night before. I just couldn't do it. In all of my angry, too close for comfort dealings with him I somehow became kind of fond of him :confused: Plus, his girl is my girl. She's the one in my avatar. I couldn't steal her man away haha. Might take some time, Valerie. He's 2yrs and a month.

You would like it this winter. Hardly any snow! It's been a weird one. Good to see you, as well :)

My Cheap Shot Charlie has only just begun to level out. He was set to be butchered, but I changed my mind the night before. I just couldn't do it. In all of my angry, too close for comfort dealings with him I somehow became kind of fond of him :confused: Plus, his girl is my girl. She's the one in my avatar. I couldn't steal her man away haha. Might take some time, Valerie. He's 2yrs and a month.
Has he mellowed at all? I have moved Mad Hatter into the bachelor pad, and he is on his own for now. All the girls are together with Pippi to protect them and he is already taking it in stride. I'll leave Mad on his own for a while, maybe a couple months, before I reintegrate. If it is too hard for him to be in an adjacent pen, then I'll move him to the garden. I will need to set it up for him first. It's not predator proof at this point. But, that would be doable. I don't know why I'm so fond of Mad Hatter. Maybe because I've worked so hard with him trying to get him to be nice. Pippi was just born nice.

Back
Top Bottom