Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

Hi everyone. Sad day, I found 2 girls dead in the coop this morning. Our temperatures have been really hot and it's staying near 100* for overnight lows; I'm pretty sure it was the heat that got to them. Angus has bumblefoot so the rest can't wade in their pools because he'll go in too. I got the mister running though and they are all in the coop enjoying a bit of cooler air. It's about 10* cooler at roost height and below than it is outside so hopefully that'll help.
@penny1960 I wish we had fall here right now!

Oh IM, so sorry to hear that :hugs

I've had to acclimate to various temps with the moving around I've done, but I'm pretty sure southern AZ is beyond my tolerance level.

View attachment 2241809

I know you put ice in your flock's wading pools...do the people pools get chunks of ice in them too? :lol:
You know, we had one of those blow up pools for a few years. My son used to stop at the ice station down the road for blocks of ice and put them in there :gig

Morning how you feeling Val .. We are pretty good although a bit bummed fall is here :caf
I'm doing great. Got an iron infusion today. Should be feeling even better in a few days. It does feel a bit like fall, but where was summer? Was that it the week before last?
I don't know about that... @igorsMistress makes a pretty mean cup of that Arizona coffee. I think it's because her coffee water comes out of the tap boiling from their heat. :lol:
You have a point there. :lau
Hi everyone. Sad day, I found 2 girls dead in the coop this morning. Our temperatures have been really hot and it's staying near 100* for overnight lows; I'm pretty sure it was the heat that got to them. Angus has bumblefoot so the rest can't wade in their pools because he'll go in too. I got the mister running though and they are all in the coop enjoying a bit of cooler air. It's about 10* cooler at roost height and below than it is outside so hopefully that'll help.
I am so sorry to hear about your girls, IM. :hugs I would have cried too. 😢

I lost a rabbit recently due to the heat, a young male that recently sired his first litter. It's just too hot every single day!

Back
Top Bottom