Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

Guess that coop will be my next 'project'. I need to enclose it, and build in a proper nesting box. It was an old dog house I elevated to make into a 'barn of bairns' for little ones, but since then I worked on two hoop coops for the youngin's to grow up in. I can only get so much done in a day (or two or three or... ).. rofl.
I know just what you're talking about!!! Our project list is endless. Finally this year DH built our big 8x10 coop with 10x20 run. However, I am still using 3 of the other coops. One for Louie Louie, because his hormones are raging and he injured Queen Bee, one for Queen Bee while she heals and one that serves as the restaurant at the other end of the universe. I only have one left, and I don't want to use it at all. :lau One can never have too many coops, and runs. :gig

I know just what you're talking about!!! Our project list is endless. Finally this year DH built our big 8x10 coop with 10x20 run. However, I am still using 3 of the other coops. One for Louie Louie, because his hormones are raging and he injured Queen Bee, one for Queen Bee while she heals and one that serves as the restaurant at the other end of the universe. I only have one left, and I don't want to use it at all. :lau One can never have too many coops, and runs. :gig
I figured out how to make a round 'grow out' or batchelor pad out of a cattle panel, which I started.. Need to finish that one too. But me thinks it's time to work on the hen house for Charlie and Henrietta before starting any new projects. Also need to use one cattle panel for a divider between the two halves of the 20 x 22 foot area. I've been using deer netting as a temporary solution which works, but definitely not a permanent solution. When Bruiser's chick are old enough (if there are any pullets) they will go in with Charlie and Henrietta. I have to wait/see how Henri's chicks turn out. They are definitely smaller than Bruiser's chicks. And then I have 3 month's to do coop/runs (circular) for breeding pairs like my BO's, or any other I want to actually pair up. So the list goes on and on and on... :D

Babiesssssssssss!
20200926_123323.jpg

Sorry to dappen the day, I just lost a 4 year Dirt she was a partridge silkie I have had since peep.
She was head down on the roost this morning brought her in she was here like a 35 minutes one last shudder and gone no vaslid reason
Sorry Penny, did you check for parasites? They are bad this year. How are the others in with her?

Sorry to dappen the day, I just lost a 4 year Dirt she was a partridge silkie I have had since peep.
She was head down on the roost this morning brought her in she was here like a 35 minutes one last shudder and gone no vaslid reason

My sympathies for you. I know how you feel.

So sorry for your Loss, Penny... I just can't imagine how I would handle it if I had a hen 4 years and lost her. That day will come eventually. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom