Curious about chick shipping

m2wandc

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 19, 2009
With FEDEX am service, why is it so hard to get smaller quanities shipped? I would imagine they could come up with some sort of 'heat pack' like those that you snap and they last several hours...something...just seems there should be a way with all the demand there seems to be now....

just curious why it hasn't been 'invented' yet?

There are some hatcheries that do smaller orders. They include heat packs in the package. They also charge significantly for the shipping.

I can't remember who offhand offers this service, but I'm sure someone else will.

You know, I was just thinking about the heating for chicks the other day.

I came across some "Hot Hands" left over from hunting and I was wondering if you could like put them in a sock and stick it in the box with the chicks to keep them warm. They last for up to 10 hrs I believe.

Hot Hands, in case you don't know, comes in these packs of little bags and you activate them and they keep your hands, feet, and anything else warm while out in the cold. They are used by hunters alot.

Yeah I got mine at the local feedstore, but it sounds like (from reading a bunch of other threads) there are people that want 10 -15 chicks, but can't get them at their feedstore...

...seems like the feedstores are good for the 6 and under person, and the hatcheries are good for the 25 and over person...but not much out there for the 6-20 crowd...

I know I personally would of gladly paid $15-20 per chick plus fed ex shipping costs, if I could order exactly what breed I want and the quanity I want and have it shipped to my door...Convinence would be totally worth it to me.

Seems there is a HUGE demand for chickens lately...

Meyers Hatchery in Ohio ships small orders. I paid $30 for express or priority shipping and it was worth every penny. I had them the next day.
Quote:

Back
Top Bottom