Curious??? Have you ever....

I appreciate self restraint.
smile.png

I try to only post on threads that I can provide something meaningful. If I just plain dont agree with the situation, I dont comment. If everyone did that the mods would be sooo bored... lol

Do I sometimes bite my tongue? Yes, but not often. I try to be as diplomatic as possible and still say what I have to say if I have an opinion. Sometimes, we take this all far too seriously. None of us are ever going to agree all the time. That is just not reality. As I have said before, my husband and I disagree at least tens times a day and we have been together now 15+ years. I don't understand why people can't just respectfully say what they think and not hold grudges against people that disagree. Life is too short. I will also add that probably ten times a day, I am wrong or change my opinion on something (maybe an exaggeration, but you get the point). I don't understand why that is so hard for people to say either. Sometimes in life, you have to put your ego aside. Again, it is just not that serious. We all disagree sometimes. We all are wrong sometimes. We all vacillate on our opinions sometimes. This is the nature of life.

I will say though that I have changed a lot over the last couple of years, I think in large part because of some of my health problems. Growing up and into young adulthood, I was always the wallflower. I never really spoke out forcefully with my opinion. I never raised my hand in class or let on that I had any level of intelligence at work. I was extremely modest and self-deprecating. The way I carry myself has really changed since being sick. Now, I think that if I say something and someone takes offense where none was intended, that is THEIR problem not mine. I am not going to go out of my way to ruffle feathers, but I am also not going to proverbially keep my mouth taped shut.

Last edited:
I don't think I have ever gotten a PM, but you know what bugs me someone will start a thread say there piece get people riled up then request it get closed so no one else can voice their opinion that sorta burns me but I keep it to myself rather then take it to PM's..... well until now I guess LOL

I definitely bite my tongue (not post) or word things in a way that usually remains neutral. It is hard enough watching what we say in person, but online is even worse since statements can be misread or misunderstood. I like to keep peace as much as possible.
big_smile.png

Absolutely, that is why I have so few posts compared to membership time. I do not come here to argue or talk politics, just general conversation. I just eavesdrop on the juicy threads
big_smile.png

Quote:
Exactly. I have been here a while, but most of the time what I would say has either already been said... so why repeat ad-nauseum.... or if I disagree I try to keep my opinions to myself. BYC is a wonderful place to be, but it's really easy to click OFF a topic rather than feed the flames.

Back
Top Bottom