Curious...how do you call your chickens to you?

Quote:
gig.gif
lau.gif
yuckyuck.gif

I call them with: "here chick, chick, chick....." using a high pitch sound. It is like a yodel sound
lol.png
luckily my neighbor are far enough to don't hear me
hide.gif
(I hope). Since my chickens are so spoiled with treats the only treat they get ONLY when I call them is Happy Hens dried mealworm.
ya.gif
They just go crazy for it, and usually will bite my fingers off
yippiechickie.gif
. I started to do the call only few weeks ago, and so far it works very well for me.
I do that when I'm leaving them out of the run for an hour or so, to get some grass. I learned that it is easier for me to get them back in the run by calling them, than hush them back in. On the other hand, when they are in the run I have to be careful where I step because they will get underneath my foot (literarily) and they follow me like dogs.
love.gif
D.gif

Last edited:
I go outside and call Chiiiiiiiick Iiiiiiinz!!! Then if they are further away and taking a while, I call, Come on, Giiirls!! That usually does it. Pretty much, if I am outside, they are following me like puppies.

Mine usually come when they hear the door open, too. If I want them in a hurry, I call "chick-chick-CHICkens" and then give a treat. I trained them to come to this with mashed up boiled eggs when they were little. I'd do the call and then put the egg down and it would be gone in seconds. It was very easy to train them to come when called...

i dont call them, they all seem to be phsycic and know when im comming and are always standing at the run door to see what im bringing them
roll.png

Last edited:
My guinea fowl come to: guinea, guinea, guineee (after saying that I ring the cow bell and they all come running.)

If I ring the cow bell alone they still come. I trained them with white millit when they were little.

Back
Top Bottom