Curious Incubation Method

Day 3 and did some candling. Most was really hard to tell at this point. My eggs are brown. I did see a few that maybe was developing and 1 that i did see some veins and maybe a dark spot or blood spot.

This is very interesting I will be watching this thread also. Its interesting to learn how people choose different ways to try to incubate. Im not brave I asked DH to buy me an incubator, Im on my first batch now. Id be nervous to try anything else. I hope this works for you
fl.gif

Just curious if a toaster oven set to 100 degrees with little water in a dish would work as a incubator? Whats your thoughts??
I maybe over cautious but i dont think they are made to be turned on 24/7 for 3 weeks straight
Sounds like a dangerous thing to do. PLus there isnt any fan so they would be really hot on top and cool below..

Also wonder how much electric it is pulling
Some things pull a lot like a toaster.This has coils too and generally isnt on longer than 1/2 hour ... so ???
This is in a barn / shed isnt it? Not in your home.
Sorry ....I am a mother hen type ( really GRAND mother hen type) and am worried about this. Worried about a fire..

Last edited:
If you have an electric stove oven and dont use it much... Might be a better idea to put them in there with the light on in it and see if it will incubate.
It holds to about 100 degrees with the light o n and not the stove itself for setting my home made yogurt so could possibly work for eggs.

I maybe over cautious but i dont think they are made to be turned on 24/7 for 3 weeks straight
Sounds like a dangerous thing to do. PLus there isnt any fan so they would be really hot on top and cool below..

Also wonder how much electric it is pulling
Some things pull a lot like a toaster.This has coils too and generally isnt on longer than 1/2 hour ... so ???
This is in a barn / shed isnt it? Not in your home.
Sorry ....I am a mother hen type ( really GRAND mother hen type) and am worried about this. Worried about a fire..

mine is a convection oven. it has a fan and is air circulated. So far its working out great and staying at 99 and 100. Its a new convection oven.

This is very interesting I will be watching this thread also. Its interesting to learn how people choose different ways to try to incubate. Im not brave I asked DH to buy me an incubator, Im on my first batch now. Id be nervous to try anything else. I hope this works for you
fl.gif

Hey chicken pickin: So your on your first batch.. How are they doing so far. Have you done any candling yet?

Back
Top Bottom