Curious Incubation Method

Sorry, I can't help on the question you've posted. However, I am so excited for you and
can't wait to learn of the outcome with your method. Wishing you much success. I
will continue to peek in on you
cool.png
incognito :>

I wasnt having the humidity problem before i put the shelf cloth in there. The water is in a shallow pan that goes under the rack. Is the cloth blocking the heat from getting to the water now?
It could be possible that the shelf liner is covering too much of the water. You might want to try to take it out and see what happens. And maybe if you have a small piece of hardware cloth or some other type wire with very small opening lay that down so the chicks legs wont fall through.

It could be possible that the shelf liner is covering too much of the water. You might want to try to take it out and see what happens. And maybe if you have a small piece of hardware cloth or some other type wire with very small opening lay that down so the chicks legs wont fall through.

I dont have anymore hardware cloth but i do have some screen that is used on porches and storm doors.

Im sure the screen will work perfect. Good luck getting everything straight before lockdown and I cant wait to see the hatch results.

my wife just put alot of water in a small bowl with a sponge in it to try first. The bowl is tall enough to where the chicks wont be able to get into it if it does work. If in a bit the humidity dont go up I will take everything out and put in the screen and hope that it will work.
he.gif

well i took the cloth out and put in the screen wire on the bottom. What I am noticing tho is when the temp goes down some the humidity goes up and when the humidity goes down the temp goes up. So aggravating.
barnie.gif
Not sure what else to do. I have humidity at 50% and thats all i can get for some reason. It dont look like it has a place to escape i have all vents covered. . Well I have plenty of water in it and its time for lockdown so maybe I should leave it alone for the next 3 days and just keep a really close eye on it. I hope they hatch fine and I wont have to help them get out.

I think after this experimental incubation I will go back to my other home made incubator. Im sure the toaster oven uses alot more wattage and then with me having humidity problems its just been a head ache towards the end. I will keep you all updated on this hatch tho.

Try using a wet paper towel. I used to use the shelf liners too and had the same problem. Just let the paper get damp/ Get a sponge, or a you know what on it. LOL Maybe add a couple more.

Back
Top Bottom