Curled crooked toes

Hen is about 6 weeks old, hatched March 8th. I made slippers with cardboard and masking tape for a few days at a week old… did I make it worse? Does this need medical attention from vet? Can a Vet break them and reset? I put them out for first time today in a dog crate.. not staying out till weather temps are more consistent
TIA!

Attachments

• IMG_4857.jpeg
    IMG_4857.jpeg
    719.4 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_4858.jpeg
    IMG_4858.jpeg
    668.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4859.jpeg
    IMG_4859.jpeg
    676.3 KB · Views: 1
I just think that your treatment may have begun too late. Usually tape on the top and bottom in the natural position will help if done in the first day or two. Crooked toes cannot be corrected later on, but it is really not that serious a problem.In deactivate trying to correct them now would be painful, and probably won’t help. It comes from incubator hatching problems and genetics. I have had a hen with just as bad toes do fine, and roosted at night without problems.

Hello! Does your pullet walk normally? Or does it look like she’s in pain or her crooked toes are preventing her from walking and running around? I have a pullet that also has two toes that are apparently broken, but she still walks and behaves like normal. Here’s a couple pictures of her toes… 2AE99945-B9B8-4481-9E75-26A4B49D571F.jpeg 9BFE546B-50AB-4F23-9B52-3787D4AC6EF9.jpeg

Hello! Does your pullet walk normally? Or does it look like she’s in pain or her crooked toes are preventing her from walking and running around? I have a pullet that also has two toes that are apparently broken, but she still walks and behaves like normal. Here’s a couple pictures of her toes…View attachment 3475295View attachment 3475294
You hen’s toes look great! I wish..she chases her hatching mate around. We’ll see.. hope for the best

Back
Top Bottom