Curled feathers on (what I was told) Barred Plymouth Rock Chickens

A bantam would be noticably smaller at this point, so yours looks to be a standard sized bird. Barred rocks do have the spots on their heads. When mixing breeds often one coloring pattern will be dominant over the other, so the dominant one is what they will most resemble. I have EE/Gold Laced Wyandotte mixes and the Wyandotte coloring pattern is most often passed on. Though there are often small variances which tell you that there is certainly something else in there. My mixes sometimes get the EE muff but not always, and body type tends to fall in between the heavier wyandotte body and the slimmer EE. Combs can also be different. It will be interesting to see how it looks as it gets older.

A bantam would be noticably smaller at this point, so yours looks to be a standard sized bird. Barred rocks do have the spots on their heads. When mixing breeds often one coloring pattern will be dominant over the other, so the dominant one is what they will most resemble. I have EE/Gold Laced Wyandotte mixes and the Wyandotte coloring pattern is most often passed on. Though there are often small variances which tell you that there is certainly something else in there. My mixes sometimes get the EE muff but not always, and body type tends to fall in between the heavier wyandotte body and the slimmer EE. Combs can also be different. It will be interesting to see how it looks as it gets older.
Is there anyway she could still be a full breed Barred Plymouth Rock even if she has the Frizzle gene?

Back
Top Bottom