Curled toe

Chey1214

Songster
May 4, 2023
Mr. Maran decided to limp with a curled toe. I am assuming this is a b2 deficiency as I just treated with corid. I have him isolated and am giving him pills cut in half as well as rooster booster in his water. I’m expecting this to take. Few weeks. Am I doing everything correctly?

If it were me I wouldn’t separate if he is otherwise fine and just give him the B complex pills. Maybe everyone would benefit from the rooster booster if the corid has done the trick. You could wrap the toe in place. I’ve only ever dealt with it in a newly hatched chick. How old is he?

I would not wrap the toe, but continue to offer some riboflavin in a B complex tablet 1/4-1/4 tablet daily. What tablet are you using—riboflavin tablets or B complex? Corid is only affected by thiamine, B 1, but not B 2 riboflavin. So if there is a deficiency, it is not from Corid. Some other cause of curled under toes on one foot could be an injury, an infection pressing on the sciatic nerve, or Mareks sometimes may cause this.

If it were me I wouldn’t separate if he is otherwise fine and just give him the B complex pills. Maybe everyone would benefit from the rooster booster if the corid has done the trick. You could wrap the toe in place. I’ve only ever dealt with it in a newly hatched chick. How old is he?
He is 16 weeks or so
I would not wrap the toe, but continue to offer some riboflavin in a B complex tablet 1/4-1/4 tablet daily. What tablet are you using—riboflavin tablets or B complex? Corid is only affected by thiamine, B 1, but not B 2 riboflavin. So if there is a deficiency, it is not from Corid. Some other cause of curled under toes on one foot could be an injury, an infection pressing on the sciatic nerve, or Mareks sometimes may cause this.
i am suspicious of mereks I have lost all
My flock but also had a major case of coccidiosis. I gave him the vitamin and his toes uncurled. I pray this is all he needs! I am giving them rooster booster and a b complex vitamin if they need additional. I didn’t wrap his foot.

Back
Top Bottom