Current Feed Prices in GA. WOW is feed up or what. Coupons?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by akmiddlebrooks, Oct 10, 2008.

1. akmiddlebrooks

akmiddlebrooks Out Of The Brooder

Sep 21, 2008
    WOW, I don't know about u folks but my feed bill continues to climb. The cheapest Layer crumbles I can find is $11.50 per 50lb bag (Madison, GA). It's not my prefered brand but that particular well known brand is $4 higher per bag. I have a few $1 off coupons for Layena that I will not use before they expire at the end of October. Anyone intrested PM me. What about you guys, feed prices? Tips on saving a few dollars would be appreciated.[​IMG]

2. doodledoo

doodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 29, 2008
    Cartersville, GA
    Mine are able to free range all day so my feed bill is not that high - but your right about it continuing to climb. When I got my chicks at the first of March I could get a 50# bag for $8 and some change now it is close to $11. We also buy bread from the bread store. You can get a garbage bag full for next to nothing and we give it to the pigs, goats and chickens as a treat. We try to only get the wheat bread.

3. Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay

Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay Chillin' With My Peeps

Your mills must be working through old inventory because commodity prices have DROPPED like a rock since June. In fact we have dropped the price of our layer feeds over $2.00 in the past 2 months and will drop it again next week.

Jim

4. mtnhomechick

mtnhomechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Mountain Home, AR
    Poe Feed... Gainesville MO.............yesterday 14.50 per 100 lb. Old inventory.

Today 11.50 for same.

5. jonbanks

jonbanks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    i live in hamilton ga; which i dont know how far that is from madison ga but i pay about 12 for a 50 pound bag of crumbles ... i let them free rang a few hours a day. so i go thru about a bag every three weeks

6. summerb76

summerb76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    Lake Como, Florida
    I am in Florida and I buy starter feed for $8.95 of 25lbd or 50libs for $16.90.

7. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    I am in the process of changing my feeding program. I have 50 standard chickens they have all the feed they want available to them 24/7, they can consume a 5 gal bucket/ or 25 lbs in a day. I have a friend who has 40 chickens and she said she feeds 1 big scoop twice a day, about 3lbs, and her birds are fat and heathly. I am thinking of cutting back on thier feed because I think they may be wasting feed. feed cost have risen considerably here in SW Ok, and I have been going through 800 lbs a month. Confused and frugal in Oklahoma.

AL

8. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    Start n grow is $16.49 a 50lb bag here in Columbus, Ga at one dealer so I looking for a better feed shop.

9. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    Last month when I bought feed it was about $12 for a 50lb bag of Purina Flock Raiser. I love the Purina. I go through much less of it than the Country acres I was using before.

10. phloxie2000

phloxie2000 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 8, 2008
    I see that too
    We also raise cattle and the price hike in feed has almost doubled!!!!!!!!!!
    We have to pass it on to the customer and we know that they won't like it! I kept all the receipts to prove the price hikes

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by