Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

Went to see Black Panther Sunday morning and then heard the lady say our showing and the one afterwards were both sold out. Put me in a very bad mood. No plan B.

When we got back home I ordered tickets on line-they didn't have any morning showings for regular(not Imax or 3d) movie time so the tickets were more money. I thought OK this is the movie they are all carrying on about. I did notice the critics rated it higher than the movie goers.

We went back and saw the movie today (Monday) theatre was just about full. I liked the movie but give it a 3.5stars, so does my brother. It was a good movie - not a great one. It kinda lagged in spots and seemed to have the same fights more than once or twice.

Some judicious cropping would have made for a better flow. There is a bonus scene about halfway through the credits and a second one at the end of credits - something Marvel loves to do.

I think I've seen nearly all of the super hero movies and my favorite still is "Captain America, the first Avenger."

Gee, that's a shame, I wouldn't have thought this was that popular to have sold out for morning sessions. Usually the young kids go on the weekends or in the evenings.
I haven't looked up for ticket availability. I'll go when I'm in the mood, I'm not in a rush. Was the set design as impressive in the whole movie as it looks in the trailer?

Today we saw "Call Me by Your Name." The scenery and cinematography - Italian town and country - were exceptional, but I found the movie to be a bit slow and boring. There was sort of a 'lag' between scenes. Princess liked it a 3, and I will go a 2.5.

I took myself off to the pictures this afternoon, saw Lady Bird. Good movie, excellent cast. Laurie Metcalf was excellent as "Lady Bird"'s mother and Saoirse Ronan was also excellent as the titular character but all of the cast did a good job making this "slice of life" drama worth seeing.

I have seen Saoirse Ronan before, she is an excellent young actress.
Yes, she's very good. All of the young members of the cast were good, all natural and believable as the characters they were playing. Laurie Metcalf really shines in this. I know her as a comedy actress (I love her as Sheldon's mother in Big Bang Theory), not so much as a dramatic actress, but she does a great job in this. It's good to see her in a "meaty" role in a major cinema release and not just on tv. (The guy who played the dad was also good, as I said before, the entire cast made the movie)

Back
Top Bottom