Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

I saw The Shape of Water yesterday. I wasn't really in the mood for the pictures, but had to get in and see it because they've already reduced the showing times and it's going down to night-time only.
Very good movie. Terrific performances, original story, excellent cast, beautiful and interesting set decoration/cinematography. I hope it gets some more awards, but it may not be able to compete against the more mainstream candidates.

BTW our theatres do the same thing. If you don't see the movie in a timely fashion, they show it later and later, and in smaller auditoriums till it's all gone. I hate that because I can't get to late movies, and I'm not going to walk the 11 miles(round trip) in the dark.

If you don't see the movie in a timely fashion, they show it later and later, and in smaller auditoriums till it's all gone.
I'd just miscalculated how long it would have its run for, didn't realise it would have gone out of the "better" cinema so quickly (it's probably my inability to judge time more than a short run time, it's had a few weeks I think). You do need to be quick to get in and see movies though, blink and they're off the schedule.
They've sent me an email that I can see any of the oscar-nominated movies for $10. I might see that Lady Bird one. Anyone seen it/going to see it?

oh yes, want to see that, but it's just started so I should have plenty of time to get in (famous last words :D) The set design from the trailer is just beautiful.
They've started up the "old movie" series. They show an old classic every fortnight. I missed the first one, and I'll miss tonight's, I don't really feel up to going, but I hope to see some of them. They'll be showing "The Abyss" in May. I like that movie, it'll be good to see the special effects on the big screen if I get around to going.

I take my wife to movie matinee times on Tuesdays for 5.00. First, we go to Winco and buy snacks from the dispensers and get cold sodas from the vending machine on the way out. Then we go to Weinerschnitzel's across the street from the theater and buy some corn dogs. Everything goes in my wife's oversized purse. We save a lot of money this way.
If there is nothing good in the theater, we go to red box in the Stater Bros and grab some groceries and snacks there all in one shot.

Back
Top Bottom