Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

Definite thumbs up

Believe Me

Staring
Katie Douglas
Rossif Sutherland
And Jamie Elliott

The harrowing true story of the brave Lisa McVey.

Lisa was sent away by her mother to her grandmother's, who not only mentally abusing her but was in the full knowledge of her live in partner continuously rapping her.

Lisa was then staked out by the notorious serial killer and rapist Bobby Joe Long.

Sorry to spoil the story line but I love a really good ending and this was the best
Thanks for the review!

"The Unholy"

I love me some Jeffrey Dean Morgan and was pleased to find a new release with him starring in it at Redbox.

"The Unholy" is billed as a horror/thriller/mystery/drama, but -- alas -- it is not very scary (some folks will appreciate that) and is rather predictable to the point of nonsuspensefulness. It centers around a the discovery at a church of a miraculously cured deaf girl guided by Mary a la the legends of Fatima and Lourdes and the fame that ensues. A down-on-his-luck journalist -- derided by his peers for previous fabrication -- who's rather a skeptic decides to cover the story and uncovers the disturbing truth behind the miracles that are being performed while unearthing the sleepy little New Hampshire hamlet's evil history. Will anyone believe him?

Starring Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Cary Elwes, Katie Aselton, William Sadler, Cricket Brown; Directed by Evan Spiliotopoulos (screenwriter for “Beauty and the Beast”, “Hercules”, and “Charlie’s Angels”); runs 1 hour 39 minutes; rated PG-13.

"The Unholy"

I love me some Jeffrey Dean Morgan and was pleased to find a new release with him starring in it at Redbox.

"The Unholy" is billed as a horror/thriller/mystery/drama, but -- alas -- it is not very scary (some folks will appreciate that) and is rather predictable to the point of nonsuspensefulness. It centers around a the discovery at a church of a miraculously cured deaf girl guided by Mary a la the legends of Fatima and Lourdes and the fame that ensues. A down-on-his-luck journalist -- derided by his peers for previous fabrication -- who's rather a skeptic decides to cover the story and uncovers the disturbing truth behind the miracles that are being performed while unearthing the sleepy little New Hampshire hamlet's evil history. Will anyone believe him?

Starring Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Cary Elwes, Katie Aselton, William Sadler, Cricket Brown; Directed by Evan Spiliotopoulos (screenwriter for “Beauty and the Beast”, “Hercules”, and “Charlie’s Angels”); runs 1 hour 39 minutes; rated PG-13.
Thanks for the review!

Profane, comedic, action movie - is there such a creature? In desperation to see something we went to "The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard". 172 MF's and F bombs, well delivered comedic timing combined with multiple gory deaths, chase scenes, explosions - it took a while, but eventually the humor got to me and surprisingly we both enjoyed this movie. Perhaps another 7 or 8 people in the theater - most masked.

I was also at the theatre last night. We saw Herself, which is an award-winning Irish film about a woman and her two little daughters escaping from domestic violence and the various struggles they have against homelessness, the bureaucracy and the violent ex-husband. They encounter various genuinely good people from right across the socioeconomic strata who support them with many gifts of kindness and hard graft. The ending was simultaneously heartbreaking and hopeful.

:thumbsup

The cinema was about a third full. No masks, but we don't have any cases of covid in the community, they're all isolated.

Back
Top Bottom