Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

Today we saw "Reminiscence" - save your time and money not even Hugh Jackman could save this movie. one star from the Princess and two from me and it only gets that because of the presence of Jackman. Again we were the only people in the theater for this film. 7 other films showing, and there were only 3 cars in the parking lot when we left. I see a closure of this theater in the offing.
Thanks for the review!

I hope Hugh Jackman is not moving into a cycle of bad movies.

Saw "Respect" yesterday. No question that Jennifer Hudson is a great talent, but this movie was not a favorite for me. I go 2.5 stars, but the Princess gives it a whole hearted 4 stars.
I got to see Respect last weekend and I enjoyed it much more than I expected to. I don't usually enjoy biopics, but the music lifted this one. Aretha's life had it's ups and downs (don't we all) which for me put her amazing accomplishments into a even brighter light. Thumbs up from me!

I got to see Respect last weekend and I enjoyed it much more than I expected to. I don't usually enjoy biopics, but the music lifted this one. Aretha's life had it's ups and downs (don't we all) which for me put her amazing accomplishments into a even brighter light. Thumbs up from me!
Thanks for the review!

Yesterday one of the theaters that we attend opened up for the first time since the Pandemic began. We went to see "The Eyes of Tammy Faye". 4 other people in the theater - everyone was masked. I'm not complaining about the low attendance, but wonder how long they can stay in business. Jessica Chastain 'IS' Tammy Faye Baker in a marvelous transformation. I only had fringe thoughts/information about this situation, but came from this movie with great empathy for Tammy Faye. Deserved or not ? Jessica Chastain is great in this role as is the woman who portrays her mother. I have mixed feelings about the movie. The Princess rates it a 4 star plus. I go 3 stars - mainly because of Chastain's performance.

We watched Cry Macho, the new Clint Eastwood movie.

It was a bit slow, but who here would not love a movie that has a Rooster as a main Character!

I give it 3 stars...because the Rooster was stellar!
I really want to watch that one.
I just watched Grand Torino maybe a yr or more ago, just looked that one up 2008 !! and I just watched within last couple yrs... Hope I don't wait that long with Cry Macho Lol!
Don't know if u saw G T , not what I expected, pretty "deep" movie not what I like watching but I'm glad I did except I don't like crying watching a movie lol.
Is Cry Macho similar?

I really want to watch that one.
I just watched Grand Torino maybe a yr or more ago, just looked that one up 2008 !! and I just watched within last couple yrs... Hope I don't wait that long with Cry Macho Lol!
Don't know if u saw G T , not what I expected, pretty "deep" movie not what I like watching but I'm glad I did except I don't like crying watching a movie lol.
Is Cry Macho similar?
Yes, it is more of a thoughtful movie. Clint throws some shade on his old macho roles from the 60s and 70s.

We havent been watching a lot of movies due to covid but Fatman with Mel Gibson was awesome. Usually I detest christmas movies but this waa refreshing and delightful. Definately not for the whole family, just the adults. However Soul by disney...omg. Complete and utter flop. It had its relatable moments but little to no comedic value. Ultimately it was very boring unless you were expecting a drama from a pixar movie. Didnt hate it but not what I would expect from the genre. Two thumbs way down

We havent been watching a lot of movies due to covid but Fatman with Mel Gibson was awesome. Usually I detest christmas movies but this waa refreshing and delightful. Definately not for the whole family, just the adults. However Soul by disney...omg. Complete and utter flop. It had its relatable moments but little to no comedic value. Ultimately it was very boring unless you were expecting a drama from a pixar movie. Didnt hate it but not what I would expect from the genre. Two thumbs way down
Had to watch the trailer for Fatman. I kinda want to watch it now :lol:

Back
Top Bottom