Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

Just finished "The Matrix: Resurrections". If you're a fan you will enjoy it a lot. There's a ton of fan service in it. If you have not watched the 3 previous movies, you will have a hard time keeping up. Odds are though, if you're planning on seeing this, youv'e seen the others so it'll be fine.

Speaking as a fan, the fan service and easter egg content was on point, and the general premise they were aiming for was well represented (consistent messaging on theme in all the Matrix movies there). I thought it might have been a bit forced, and I would like to have seen some better backstory development on some of the new characters. I also have some suspicions about the pacing of the film, and we will see if I'm right on that over time (no spoilers here).

4/5 stars. Do recommend.
I almost watched the new Matrix last night but I was too tired to stay up for a 2plus hour movie.

Maybe tonight!

"The Last Duel"

"The Last Duel" is another Matt Damon/Ben Affleck venture, being co-writers on the screenplay and co-producers. Set in 14th century France and interesting as the story is told from three different viewpoints of frenemies knights (Adam Driver and Damon) and the chattel-esque lady (Jodie Comer) who sparks the duel to the death between them, jousting and mano-a-mano combat in a gladiator finale. Rather savage and graphic fight and battle scenes. Cameo by Ben Affleck as the partisan overlord and Alex Lawther as King Charles VI.

Directed by Ridley Scott. Rated R. 2 hours 32 minutes. Filmed in France and Ireland.

"The Last Duel"

"The Last Duel" is another Matt Damon/Ben Affleck venture, being co-writers on the screenplay and co-producers. Set in 14th century France and interesting as the story is told from three different viewpoints of frenemies knights (Adam Driver and Damon) and the chattel-esque lady (Jodie Comer) who sparks the duel to the death between them, jousting and mano-a-mano combat in a gladiator finale. Rather savage and graphic fight and battle scenes. Cameo by Ben Affleck as the partisan overlord and Alex Lawther as King Charles VI.

Directed by Ridley Scott. Rated R. 2 hours 32 minutes. Filmed in France and Ireland.
Did you like it?

Maybe you guys have already talked about it, but Encanto was amazing!
Watched it with the kiddo, but hub and I have both watched it again on our own.
I love that new movies are being released to streaming services these days, it would have been summer before I'd have seen it otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom