Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

Pics
Great ,not old, but, not new scifi SOURCE CODE starring Jake Gyllenhaal - before he reinvented himself into some kind of psycho like "Nightcrawler."

Finally watched Edge of Tomorrow yesterday. All I can say is Whoa. Great movie, really novel approach. I know the repeating day thing has been done before, but this was somehow done differently. I get the feeling that someone was playing a computer game, trying to pass a tough spot, when they got the idea for this movie. I really liked the script, the casting, CGI, dialogue was good, it wasn't just a mindless action movie. And the aliens were pretty cool too.

And I really enjoyed Emily Blunt in this one, I haven't seen her in a similar role before. Well chosen, she nailed the role and she was pretty hot in this too.

Vehve I thought the same re: playing video game. Very good movie. Have you ever seen The Source Code - very, very good movie - same video game style - repeating scenes and gaining information each time - came out well before Edge of Tomorrow.

I like getting pulled into the rabbit hole and going deeper than most people look. It's not for everyone, though, I'm sure.
I am still hooked on Baymax from BigHero6.
ya.gif
I never go see movies a 2nd time, this might be an exception.

Finally watched Edge of Tomorrow yesterday. All I can say is Whoa. Great movie, really novel approach. I know the repeating day thing has been done before, but this was somehow done differently. I get the feeling that someone was playing a computer game, trying to pass a tough spot, when they got the idea for this movie. I really liked the script, the casting, CGI, dialogue was good, it wasn't just a mindless action movie. And the aliens were pretty cool too.

And I really enjoyed Emily Blunt in this one, I haven't seen her in a similar role before. Well chosen, she nailed the role and she was pretty hot in this too.

We enjoyed Edge of Tomorrow; very entertaining.

Maleficent was okay... I saw the twists coming, that was fine I usually do. I just didn't like how it ended, just so open to interpretation in my opinion, and if the narrator turns out to be a character, don't you like to see the character at the end and here a little bit about how things turned out?

The newest X-Men movie bugged me too... Exactly where did Xavier re-materialize from? And you never get to really understand the characters that were not in the other franchise films... It was a weak attempt to follow the comic books further... That said I didn't hate it.

Edger of tomorrow was great though... I won't complain about that one :D

Really excited about "interstellar"...

Oh and if you haven't seen it and you like sci-fi I recommend "transcendent"... It leaves a bit open for interpretation but it worked for me.

Back
Top Bottom