Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by drumstick diva, Feb 15, 2013.

1. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Great ,not old, but, not new scifi SOURCE CODE starring Jake Gyllenhaal - before he reinvented himself into some kind of psycho like "Nightcrawler."

2. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

Finally watched Edge of Tomorrow yesterday. All I can say is Whoa. Great movie, really novel approach. I know the repeating day thing has been done before, but this was somehow done differently. I get the feeling that someone was playing a computer game, trying to pass a tough spot, when they got the idea for this movie. I really liked the script, the casting, CGI, dialogue was good, it wasn't just a mindless action movie. And the aliens were pretty cool too.

And I really enjoyed Emily Blunt in this one, I haven't seen her in a similar role before. Well chosen, she nailed the role and she was pretty hot in this too.

1 person likes this.
  3. drumstick diva

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Vehve I thought the same re: playing video game. Very good movie. Have you ever seen The Source Code - very, very good movie - same video game style - repeating scenes and gaining information each time - came out well before Edge of Tomorrow.

4. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

Diva, no, I sort of meant to see that when it came out, but never got around to it. Just added it to my watchlist.

5. I am putting both of those on my list.

Diva, have you seen Now You See It w/Mark Ruffalo? I had to watch it twice to "see" it.

6. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

I didn't like "Now you see me", it felt a little flat to me. It was entertaining, but not as good as people claimed it to be.

7. I like getting pulled into the rabbit hole and going deeper than most people look. It's not for everyone, though, I'm sure.
    I am still hooked on Baymax from BigHero6. [​IMG]I never go see movies a 2nd time, this might be an exception.

8. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    We enjoyed Edge of Tomorrow; very entertaining.

9. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

Maleficent was okay... I saw the twists coming, that was fine I usually do. I just didn't like how it ended, just so open to interpretation in my opinion, and if the narrator turns out to be a character, don't you like to see the character at the end and here a little bit about how things turned out?

The newest X-Men movie bugged me too... Exactly where did Xavier re-materialize from? And you never get to really understand the characters that were not in the other franchise films... It was a weak attempt to follow the comic books further... That said I didn't hate it.

Edger of tomorrow was great though... I won't complain about that one :D

Really excited about "interstellar"...

Oh and if you haven't seen it and you like sci-fi I recommend "transcendent"... It leaves a bit open for interpretation but it worked for me.

10. drumstick diva

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    This weekend hoping to see 'Birdman,"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by