Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

Are folks going back to the movie theaters or just renting etc? IF it was just me I would take the risk but, not when I could be bringing covid back to other folks. Not worth it ever!!
Some places are opening back up. Our county is not allowing movie theaters to open yet

I'm renting -- Redbox -- and then I've got Prime and streaming Netflix. Very seldom do I rent (pay premium) to the latter two for new(er) theatrical releases as they'll go mainstream eventually.

Haven't been to the movie theaters in ages. Our Monday budget matinee hangout was closed by our Gov at the beginning of the outbreak and has since folded. We have a couple of pop-up drive-ins, but that's nixed due to DH's teensy bladder.
:rolleyes:

JANELLE MONAE was also very good in the movie "Hidden Figures," which focused on the importance of 3 Black Women during early space rush days. They could calculate faster than the computers of the day plus they were TOTALLY ACCURATE. The other topnotch actresses were Taraji Henson and Octavia Spensor.

Boy, do I wish they would come up with a safe, effective covid vaccination so I could go back to the movies with my brother. We saw some stellar movies and wish for more.
I loved hidden figures!

Are folks going back to the movie theaters or just renting etc? IF it was just me I would take the risk but, not when I could be bringing covid back to other folks. Not worth it ever!!
My local cinema recently started opening on weekends. I haven't been yet. For reference, there are only two active covid cases where i live (a city of 1.3 million people) both returned from traveling and both are in medical isolation.

ANTEBELLUM is about to drop into your local Redbox.

- - -

Also at Redbox:
Last night we detoured from our usual fare of spy movies and action-packed films into a more sedate think-y film, "ARCHIVE." No bullets, car chases, exploding helicopters. More along the lines of "Ex Machina" and "Replicas" as the plot chronicles a lone scientist at a futuristic secluded outpost in the wilds of Japan and his robots. The robots are rather funny as they're a little TOO emotional. It plods along, but -- be forewarned -- there's a great twist to the movie that's both unexpected and thought-provoking.

Back
Top Bottom