Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

Yesterday we saw "Stillwater". I'm not a Matt Damon fan, but this was a good movie. We both give it four stars. Not sure how long this theater can survive. At a 4PM show there were only 9 people in attendance. They have to be bleeding money as the parking lot was empty so attendance at all shows was minimal.

Yesterday we saw "Stillwater". I'm not a Matt Damon fan, but this was a good movie. We both give it four stars. Not sure how long this theater can survive. At a 4PM show there were only 9 people in attendance. They have to be bleeding money as the parking lot was empty so attendance at all shows was minimal.
Thanks for the review!

"Pig"

Straight-up quirky film starring Nicolas Cage in one of his better "less is more" performances, meaning his dialogue is at a minimum as is the bell-curve range of emotions. He plays a Jerimiah Johnson-like character sequestered in the woods of Oregon with his beloved truffle pig. The story unfolds about who and what he is or was, but primarily this movie -- set about the Portland restaurant scene -- deals with lost relationships. If you're having a bad day, don't expect this film to cheer you up as it's relatively humorless, but it is a very well-executed and poetic story. (Not going to say much more as "going in blind" -- e.g., knowing as little as possible -- will evoke incredible nuances and appreciation of this movie.)

Possible Oscar-nominated performance by Nicolas Cage as the movie creates great dimension about his character. Supporting cast members in this mystery journey film include Adam Arkin and Alex Wolff. Directorial debut of screen writer Michael Sarnoski. Rated R. Runs 92 minutes.

Last edited:
"Pig"

Straight-up quirky film starring Nicolas Cage in one of his better "less is more" performances, meaning his dialogue is at a minimum as is the bell-curve range of emotions. He plays a Jerimiah Johnson-like character sequestered in the woods of Oregon with his beloved truffle pig. The story unfolds about who and what he is or was, but primarily this movie set about the Portland restaurant scene deals with lost relationships. If you're having a bad day, don't expect this film to cheer you up as it's relatively humorless, but it is an very well-executed and poetic story. (Not going to say much more as "going in blind" -- e.g., knowing as little as possible -- will evoke incredible nuances and appreciation of this movie.)

Possible Oscar-nominated performance by Nicolas Cage as the movie creates great dimension about his character. Supporting cast members in this mystery journey film include Adam Arkin and Alex Wolff. Directorial debut of screen writer Michael Sarnoski. Rated R. Runs 92 minutes.
That sounds like something I'd appreciate. Thanks for writing it up!

"Pig"

Straight-up quirky film starring Nicolas Cage in one of his better "less is more" performances, meaning his dialogue is at a minimum as is the bell-curve range of emotions. He plays a Jerimiah Johnson-like character sequestered in the woods of Oregon with his beloved truffle pig. The story unfolds about who and what he is or was, but primarily this movie -- set about the Portland restaurant scene -- deals with lost relationships. If you're having a bad day, don't expect this film to cheer you up as it's relatively humorless, but it is a very well-executed and poetic story. (Not going to say much more as "going in blind" -- e.g., knowing as little as possible -- will evoke incredible nuances and appreciation of this movie.)

We watched pig on Friday and both of us liked it!

Thanks for the review

Today we saw "Reminiscence" - save your time and money not even Hugh Jackman could save this movie. one star from the Princess and two from me and it only gets that because of the presence of Jackman. Again we were the only people in the theater for this film. 7 other films showing, and there were only 3 cars in the parking lot when we left. I see a closure of this theater in the offing.

Today we saw "Reminiscence" - save your time and money not even Hugh Jackman could save this movie. one star from the Princess and two from me and it only gets that because of the presence of Jackman. Again we were the only people in the theater for this film. 7 other films showing, and there were only 3 cars in the parking lot when we left. I see a closure of this theater in the offing.
That's good to know, I'll skip that film.

V sad to read how few people are visiting the cinema.

Back
Top Bottom